Fertility related conditions Acupuncture can help with include:
- Stress-related infertility
- Elevated FSH
- Poor response to ART stimulation
- Recurrent miscarriage
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Autoimmune antibodies
- Cycle irregularity
- Anxiety / depression
- Side effects of hormone treatments
In what ways can acupuncture assist fertility?
- Acupuncture helps to regulate female hormones, balancing the menstrual cycle and encouraging a natural and monthly rhythm.
- Acupuncture increases blood flow to the ovaries and uterus. Improved ovarian function can lead to higher quality eggs and a larger number of follicles, while increasing the blood flow to the uterus helps to encourage implantation.
- Acupuncture helps to regulate stress hormones and reduce anxiety, allowing the body to decrease cortisol levels and improve the endometrial lining.
- Acupuncture can decrease uterine contractions, which helps to encourage implantation and may prevent miscarriage.
- Acupuncture can help to reduce side effects of drugs used in Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) procedures.
- Acupuncture helps strengthen the immune system and supports the overall health of expectant mothers.
Can acupuncture help with a woman’s IVF Protocols?
Acupuncture can be helpful from the very beginning of a woman’s IVF protocol. We suggest weekly treatments to start during the suppression phase, through the stimulation phase, and until the time of transfer. It is also often recommend to have acupuncture immediately before and after embryo transfer.
Does Acupuncture treat men to increase fertility?
If a man has been diagnosed with a low sperm count or motility problems, acupuncture and herbs may be highly beneficial. We often treat our patients’ partners, and find this to contribute to a successful pregnancy.
Pregnancy related conditions that can be helped with Acupuncture include:
- Morning sickness
- Fatigue and malaise
- Pregnancy back pain
- Labor induction
Menopause related conditions that can be treated with Acupuncture include:
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Dry skin/dryness
- Weight gain
- Decreased libido
Many women experience significant, immediate relief from menopausal issues following the first treatment. Ongoing treatment helps to create lasting effects. Many patients report that including acupuncture during this time of transition helps them feel more like themselves